15 Tips for a Speedy Home Sale
- Sell your home first, then buy.
- Know your hidden monsters.
– Have a pre-listing home inspection
– Have answers and information for any areas that may be of concern (Ex: quotes)
- Obtain a new Real Property Report if there has been any changes to the exterior structure of your home (Ex: Deck, a RPR costs roughly ~$900)
- Get permits for any work that has been done to your home.
- Paint! Painting is one of the few renovations that you earn a positive return from.
– Have a paint consult to ensure an appealing color is chosen.
- Sell the potential
– Purchase plus improvements can often be built into mortgages for your buyers
- Look organized.
– Collect warranty information, manuals, label keys etc…
- De-clutter. Soon this home will no longer be yours.
– Closets and cupboards too.
– Purchase new display towels for bathrooms.
– Remove photos.
– Have fresh and appealing bedding.
- Creep on show homes for staging ideas.
- Pay attention to curb appeal.
– Make the pathway inviting
– Clean up leaves, snow & dog feces.
– Clean oil/vehicle spills off driveway.
- Use special feature signage around home.
- Leave during showings.
– Bring your pets too.
- Get professional photos taken of your home for your MLS listing.
- Beware of overpricing. Be competitive