At Bocc Home Inspections we like to help educate our clients on the important items of their new home. We do this through including tips and photographs in the report, marking important shut offs with custom tags, demonstrating how and where the following items are within each home.
Here is a list of questions we suggest to ask during your home inspection:
- Grading: Is the grade around my entire home sloped away from my foundation walls and window wells?
- Smoke alarms: How do I test the smoke detector?
- Ventilation: What is a ventilation switch? Should it be on or off? How does it work with the heating system?
- Furnace: Where is the disconnect breaker or switch located for the furnace?
- Water: Where is the main water shut off? Kitchen and bathroom sink water shut off (if present)? Toilet water shut off?
- Electrical: Where is the electrical panel? How do I turn breakers on and off and how do I reset them?
- Detectors: Where are the smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, arc fault circuit interrupters and ground fault circuit interrupters? Where are the instruction manuals that are provided with these devices?
- Eavestroughs: Are the eavestrough down spouts connected and directed away from my home and not towards my neighbour?
At Bocc Home Inspections we like to answer these questions and provide tips on these extra things to help ensure our clients can have a healthy and sound home, Because Our Company Cares. For first time home buyers we also include a home maintenance manual as an extra resource for their journey of homeownership.