25 Things You Can Clear Out of Your Home
Get a Head Start on Spring Cleaning!
- The old cell phone you ditched when you upgraded.
- Power cords that don’t work/aren’t needed/you don’t even know what they belong to.
- Worn out or extra cooking utensils and measuring cups.
- Mugs you kind of hate.
- Lingerie, socks and underwear you never wear.
- Ripped, stained, damaged clothes you’re holding onto for whatever reason.
- Throw pillows that no longer go with your decor.
- Linens you don’t use.
- Kids artwork (take a pic first!). You could incorporate all the photos into a photobook!
- Tax paperwork older than seven years.
- Shoes you haven’t worn in over a year.
- Makeup that’s old.
- Hair ties & pins that are in bad shape.
- Nail polish that’s crusted shut/out of style/gross.
- Underwear/boxers that have holes in them (keep the mouse in the house).
- Books you’re never going to read again.
- Toys your kids never play with.
- Jewelry you haven’t worn in more than a month.
- Old cans of paint (colors that are no longer in your home) taking up space in the storage room.
- A sentimental item you’ve been guilted into keeping that you don’t want.
- Clothing in storage that is just taking up space.
- Outdoor wear that is outdated or unloved (touques, mix-matched gloves, scarves, snowpants, coats etc…).
- Old magazines and paperwork that have already been read.
- Cleaning products and chemicals . Be sure to dispose of safely!
- Fridge & pantry items –check expiry dates.
A great way to donate your unwanted items that are still in good condition to goodwill, family in need or a ‘Giveaway’ page on Facebook.
- For Airdrie, AB residents check out the Cool Giveaway Page for Airdrie.
- For Calgary, AB residents, check out the Everything FREE Calgary & Area Giveaway Page.
“If you don’t love it or use it, it is clutter!”