Get Connected in Your Neighborhood
Many of our readers recently moved into a new home leaving behind friends & neighbors. Staying indoors during the winter months can lead to boredom and the winter blues. Here are some ways to build connections, make friends and get involved in your community:
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors.
- Exchange phone numbers & follow on social media (let’s be honest, online community is getting more valuable these days)
- Invite neighbors over for coffee, tea or dinner
- Host a shin dig (Keep it simple, do a potluck)
- Join your local neighborhood FB page (or start one!)
- Volunteer at the local school
- Get outside (bundle up and/or take advantage of the warmer days!)
- Build a lending library (Check them out on our Pintrest board)
- Give a warm welcome to new neighbors
- Ask a neighbor for a cup of sugar! (Been there, done that!)
- Offer a helping hand (lend a tool, helping move heavy items, shovel a sidewalk…)
- Organize a community clean up!
We hope that our clients who have recently moved into new communities are finding their tribe and getting settled — as friendships and connections makes life so much sweeter!